The 2 hour talk and demonstration by Sharon Kallis from April 21st
– a show and tell of garments she has made from older garments and tips and tricks to inspire others to try at home…. the whole darn talk!
Content and time markers to help you find what you are curious to hear.
A huge thank you to the kind and patient people who joined Sharon for this live online talk!
- Intro: context and background of where I come from 12.58
- personal history of wardrobe hacking 25.39
- studio tour 29. to 34
- closet sort 35.- 41
- family cloth, skills, re-makes and 2nd hand fabric industry 43.30 – 49.29
- fabric choices and family lace story 49.38 – 53.21
- prewash instructions 53.12
- first sweater cutting story 54. – 55.30
- Sweater pile show and tell 55.40 – 106.57
- Scissors for cutwork 108
- Wool prep and deign bits 1.10
- Knitwear fit and stretch 1.14
- Drape neckline 1.19.04
- Pattern layout and patching 1.20.28
- Scoop neck explained 124.50
- Making a simple 3 piece shaped knit tank 126.50
- Vests and pattern drafting 1.33.54
- Old wool coats to vests 140.07
- cardigan to dress 141.-
- sleeves for back of garment 143.
- interfacing 144.53
- Sweater clipping demo 146.56
- Coat with pant sleeves and pocket reuse 152.50
- Bias shirt pattern drafting to make in pants- project in progress with bias stretch explained 157
- #wardrobehack2020 202.35