In anticipation of the ‘Ancestral Cloth: Textiles and Racism reading group‘, a series that is part of our soon-to-be-released Fall 2022 Paid Programming announcements, we are starting to collect names and payment from folks who would like to purchase the book Worn: a People’s History of Clothing by Sofi Thanhauser.
Pulp Fiction in Vancouver, is giving us a hardcover book discount of 30% if we pre-order at least 15 books. If you live in Vancouver, and would like in on this deal – regardless of whether you plan to join the reading group or not – please follow the instructions below:
- Send an e-transfer for $30.00 to Sharon at earthandgleaners(at)gmail.com to secure your book. Please make the security answer “Worn”.
- Send an email to earthandgleaners(at)gmail.com with your information. Please include:
- Phone number
- Confirmation that you’ve sent an e-transfer for $30
- Once you’ve paid and emailed your contact details, EartHand will follow-up with pick-up details.
- Order deadline: extended to September 10th at noon
- Expected delivery date: late September
- Book collection: Tuesday Sept 27 is the tentative pick-up date at Trillium, there will be options to pick-up on different days as necessary
- EartHand will send reimbursement cheques if we don’t reach the minimum order of 15 books
- We will be accepting up to 25 orders
If you’d like to be among the first notified of new programming, including this reading group, please sign-up for our newsletter here.